My Top 3 Nude Lipsticks

Nude lips are probably my most worn makeup look - I love the versatility of the look, it's just so natural and effortless. I was keen to write a post in which I shared my favourite nude lipsticks and so I've narrowed it down to my top three, which range from browns to more pinky nudes and are conveniently all high street buys...


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 43
Rimmel's lipstick range in collaboration with Kate Moss is one of my favourites because all of the products are so creamy and easy to apply, with the added bonus of smelling great. This browny orange shade is from Kate's Nude collection which features a range of great nude shades, so even if this colour doesn't suit your skin tone, you're still pretty much guaranteed to find one you'll love. As you'll see from my other choices I usually prefer a lip shade with more pink undertones, so this is a welcome change for when I fancy a brown look for that perfect 90s vibe. It would also be the perfect colour for a holiday, as being slightly darker, it looks fabulous with a tan.



Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Rock 'n' Roll Nude
This lipstick is my most recent purchase of the three, and probably my favourite. As the name suggests, this is the perfect 'rock 'n' roll' shade - natural, effortless and slightly glossy, it's the perfect shade to just pop in your handbag and apply on the go. The colour is, in my opinion, the perfect rosy beige. It looks quite dark in the bullet, but once applied it looks fairly close to my natural lip colour, just with an added shine. This product is from a special-edition collection celebrating 15 years of Kate collaborating with the brand so comes in this amazing rose gold packaging that looks stunning.



Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Fairly Bare
Finally we have this Colour Sensational lipstick by Maybelline in the shade Fairly Bare. This is a much pinkier nude than the previous two shades and is quite pale, so understandably it won't appeal to everyone, but I love the way it adds the perfect rosy flush to my lips. The product uses molten rose gold pigment to give the lips a slight shimmer, but don't be put off by this - there are no big flecks of glitter, just a slightly glossier effect than usual which I personally love. The texture is fairly creamy as the lipstick contains precious oils for easy application, another reason why this product is great. The one thing I don't love about the lipstick is the smell, which is such a minor problem but something that, for me, can really make or break a makeup product, although this is obviously down to personal opinion.


So there we have it, those are my perfect nude shades to throw on when I want a simple, fairly neutral make up look. I'm always on the hunt for new shades to try, so if you have any recommendations, feel free to leave them in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red lip, classic

Style Icon: Audrey Hepburn